Lampwrights Forum

Lampwrights Forum (http://www.lampwrights.com/index.php)
-   vBulletin Wordpress Bridge (http://www.lampwrights.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Fatal Error (http://www.lampwrights.com/showthread.php?t=85)

UT1 03-15-2011 01:47 PM

Fatal Error

I'm not sure why, but after successfully installing the vb Bridge, and it working for a day or so, I got a fatal error. I did temporarily deactivate the plugin because I thought it might be causing an issue(which I later found was caused by another plugin, which I removed).
I've tried deactivating all plugins and then activating vbbridge, but it didn't work. I'm using WP 3.1 and vB 3.8.6. My domain is http://theheardproject.com and this is the error I'm getting:

Fatal error: Call to a member function query_first_slave() on a non-object in C:\HostingSpaces\ariah09\theheardproject.com\wwwro ot\forum\includes\functions.php on line 1380

Jeff 03-15-2011 01:49 PM

Where exactly do you get this error?

UT1 03-15-2011 01:52 PM

In the the wp-admin plugins menu. When I try to activate the plugin, WP prevents it from activating due to the fatal error.

Jeff 03-15-2011 01:59 PM

Hmm yes, I believe this is a bug. This should fix it for you, please confirm:

Find this line in vbbridge.php:

Code:

if ( (!preg_match('#wp-admin#', $_POST['redirect_to']) and !defined('WP_ADMIN') and !defined('XMLRPC_REQUEST') and !$_GET['preview']) or defined('USE_ADMINCP_BRIDGE')):
Change to:

Code:

if ( (!preg_match('#wp-admin#', $_POST['redirect_to']) and !defined('WP_ADMIN') and !defined('XMLRPC_REQUEST') and !$_GET['preview'] and !$install) or (defined('USE_ADMINCP_BRIDGE') and !$install)):

UT1 03-15-2011 02:05 PM

I'm getting a different fatal error (the other one is gone though). Shows up when I try to activate.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in C:\HostingSpaces\ariah09\theheardproject.com\wwwro ot\wp-content\plugins\vbbridge\vbbridge.php on line 317

Jeff 03-15-2011 02:06 PM

I think you may have not copied the line correctly there..

UT1 03-15-2011 02:07 PM

you're right, I think I didn't either, sorry, trying again

UT1 03-15-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UT1 (Post 366)
you're right, I think I didn't either, sorry, trying again

Works now, thanks!!!

Jeff 03-15-2011 02:11 PM

Excellent! :)

Esoteric_Monk 03-15-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff (Post 368)
Excellent! :)

Hooray for fixes!

Jeff, I checked the recent download, and unless I'm losing my mind the new vbbridge.php file comes with the
Code:

define('USE_ADMINCP_BRIDGE', true);
already uncommented. I think this may confuse some folks.:)

Rushster 03-15-2011 08:22 PM

I too am getting the fatal error. I noticed the code had been changed in the download but I am still getting a fatal error.

Rushster 03-15-2011 09:39 PM

Whoops for got to say what I was using which doesn't help much. Running vb 3.8.7 and WP 3.1.

Thanks in advance and great work on picking this back up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rushster (Post 373)
I too am getting the fatal error. I noticed the code had been changed in the download but I am still getting a fatal error.

Rushster 03-15-2011 10:46 PM

Actualy I got it working finally, didn't realise I had to create a vbbridge dir for the loader file.

However, now the Visual Editor in WP is disabled and there is no way to get it to work without the disabling rhe bridge. Any ideas or have I missed something that needs to be set in WP?

Jeff 03-16-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rushster (Post 375)
Actualy I got it working finally, didn't realise I had to create a vbbridge dir for the loader file.

You have to put all the files in the vbbridge directory, not just the loader.

phoenix1977 03-24-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff (Post 377)
You have to put all the files in the vbbridge directory, not just the loader.

I ha the following error when activate the plugin:

Warning: include_once(./global.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /wp-content/plugins/vbbridge/vbloader.php on line 16

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './global.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /wp-content/plugins/vbbridge/vbloader.php on line 16

Jeff 03-24-2011 12:46 PM

You need to disable warnings on your PHP install. Warnings should never show on production. Once you get the product installed correctly, the warning goes away, but it should never show on a live site. In fact, you should not DISPLAY errors ever in production, they should only exist in the logs.

phoenix1977 03-24-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff (Post 420)
You need to disable warnings on your PHP install. Warnings should never show on production. Once you get the product installed correctly, the warning goes away, but it should never show on a live site. In fact, you should not DISPLAY errors ever in production, they should only exist in the logs.

Thank you very much for suggest.

Now i have another error when put path of my /forum

Options saved.

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /wp-content/plugins/vbbridge/vbbridge.php
Line: 30

Jeff 03-25-2011 08:17 AM

Disable all of your other WP plugins and see if that fixes the issue. If so, enable them one at a time and find out which plugin starts the issue. If this works, please report back here what plugin you found it to be.

AngelDrago 04-14-2011 12:50 AM

hello, Jeff thank you for this vbridge i will try it on a virgin install an let you know how it went.

Angel

rafirahhim 04-22-2011 06:57 AM

i download the plugin but the something wrong somewhere with the file. please check. tq